internet blocking problem ?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Sep 11 21:23:40 CDT 2015

On 09/11/2015 10:27 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
> FWIW: when I run into a web site issue due to filtering (or suspicion of same), I got to TOR.  Apart from the confidentiality benefits it offers, you also get access from a completely different part of the world.  An unpredictable place, admittedly.

Just to explain why this is a problem, the various pages of
the homebuilt CPU web ring all are supposed to link to David
Brooks' page and a small javascript code that allows viewers
of the various pages to jump to any of the other pages.  As
new pages are added to the ring (or dead ones removed) the
javascript is updated to reflect that.  So, it really is
important that these pages link to a single copy of the
javascript that is up to date.

So, it is not a matter of me seeing David Brooks page one
time, it is a matter of anybody who looks at my page or any
of the other pages being able to get to all the other pages
of the ring.

And, with the great help of the classiccmp group, we have
scoped out that this is actually a pretty large problem,
about 54% of US and Canadian users cannot get to anything on
members.iinet.net.au

Jon