Is tape dead?

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Tue Sep 15 13:43:10 CDT 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Eric Smith wrote:

> That's one heck of a compression ratio, given that the native
> (uncompressed) capacity of an LTO-5 cartridge is 1.5 TB.  Usually the
> vendors claim 2.5:1 compression, but obviously the actual compression

Of course it is 1.5Tbyte native and 3.0Tbyte compressed!!!

Oh fuddle duddle1 I am going to have to send my brain back to the factory
for refurbishing!  How can I repeatedly drop a decimal place and never
notice?

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn