release dates of early microcomputer operating systems,

Smith, Wayne Wayne.Smith at warnerbros.com
Tue Sep 15 20:45:46 CDT 2015

> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 03:03:05 -0600
> From: Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com>
> To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
> 	<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: Re: release dates of early microcomputer operating systems,
> 	incl. Intel ISIS
>
> Are you sure ISIS (one) didn't have disk support? I thought that was
> shipped with the first Intel MDS-DOS floppy systems for use on the
> MDS-800 in 1975.  A 1975 edition of the MDS-DOS Operator's Manual is
> listed among other Intel manuals at:
>
>     http://www.intel-vintage.info/aboutme.htm

Looked up the copyright registration for the manual and related items:

A712678.  MDS-DOS diskette operating system operator's manual  79 p.
Add. ti:  Intel diskette operating system microcomputer development
System MDS-DOS operator's manual. (c) Intel Corporation; 22Dec75.

A712670.  Intel diskette operating system microcomputer development
System MDS-DOS hardware reference manual. 1 v. (c) Intel
Corporation; 15Dec75.