Backups [was Re: Is tape dead?]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Sep 16 13:54:14 CDT 2015

On 09/16/2015 11:20 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 9/16/15 11:15 AM, couryhouse wrote:
>
>> We have 10 years of backups.ed#
>>
> ever verified them?

Mine go back to sometime around 1980.  I have customer records that go
back to 1987.  Curiously, we got a note from a fellow needing an update
to CopyQM.  He registered his product in 1992.  We found it and provided
him with a 1999 update--the last we did before the sale of the software
(the terms of sale allow us to support existing customers).

Just keep carrying the stuff forward.  I've even provided other authors
with copies of their own source code after they'd lost track of it.

You never know when having complete archives will come in handy.  But
you already know that, Al!

--Chuck