Multi-platform distribution format (Was: Backups [was

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:31:13 CDT 2015

Not CP/M admittedly, but small contemporary
Burroughs machines certainly used cassettes, both
for program and data storage. I wrote several
fairly complex diskless accounting systems using
four cassette drives, one or two card readers and
a line printer (in addition to the console
printer).

Why not; not much different conceptually after all
from early systems using open-reel mag tape, or
even punch(ed) cards.