PDP-11 Overlays

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 09:17:43 CDT 2015

> On Sep 21, 2015, at 9:42 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at Update.UU.SE> wrote:

> Right. In a way you could say that in RSTS/E you pick the best solution for the job. No need to tie yourself one way or the other. I wonder, did anyone ever write a Unix RTS for RSTS/E? It should be doable...

Not that I know of, but one of my RSTS/E development colleagues used DECUS C to create a csh runtime system -- in other words, make that shell be a command handler on RSTS.  Unfortunately that code has been lost; I'd love to have it.  I'm pretty sure he started with at least a subset port of libc.

	paul