RL01, RL02, RK06, RK07 cable differences

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Fri Sep 25 16:08:30 CDT 2015

On 9/25/2015 1:00 PM, Paul Anderson wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback everyone.
>
> The 17 class # should be the type of wire used in the cable, so maybe the
> -00 ans -01 is the difference .

That would surprise me.  That last two digit suffix is typically a revision.

> I'm just trying to sure weather or not the RL and RK cables are
> interchangeable. Sounds like the RK might work on the RL, but not the other
> way.

I think that has been my experience.  I know that the RL cables do not
work with the RK drives, because I tried it once.

> I have plastic and metal terminators, and the same with the cables and was
> trying to remember if that had anything to do with it.

I have only ever seen plastic ones, and I have both kind of drives.  So,
no, I don't think so.

> Seems like we used to use the BC80 M and J for any controller when we had
> them.
>
> For whatever reason DEC replaced the 70-12122  with the BC21Z.
>
> Is the 70-12145 the electrical connector for the transition bracket, the
> metal mounting bracket, or the entire assembly?
>

>From the RL01/02 user guide it appears that part number is for the
assembly. I ran out of time before I could check the controller documents.