Honeywell/Bull DPS-6 deskside info?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:09:40 CDT 2015

On 9/25/15 12:50 PM, Sean Caron wrote:
> Very nice, thank you!

No problem at all!

> That DPS-6 page wasn't kidding when they said the
> boards were on the large side! Very interesting; they definitely have their
> own unique style about them ... they really liked to use daugherboards!
> That memory expansion card is sort of unusual. As is the edge connector for
> the bus.

Yeah, the boards are similar in dimension to DG Nova stuff or Sun VME,
and they crammed a lot of stuff on them with all of the daughterboards
-- it looks like the Ethernet board could hold up to four interfaces...

Unfortunately, I've now had time to trace down all of the cabling and
there are no storage controllers (disk, tape, and floppy) present so
this thing is likely to remain a very large boat anchor for the
foreseeable future.  (Not that I'm likely to find media either :)).

- Josh