If you OCR, always archive the bitmaps too - Re: Regarding Manuals

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Sun Sep 27 11:22:04 CDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 04:08:07PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> I don't have problems reading the current scans, as such. But when
> having ten of these open at the same time, and scrolling through
> them, it becomes obvious that the bitmaps are heavy. It can take a
> while for the screen to be updated. Not to mention the problems you
> sometimes hits with searching...

It seems to me that a better tool could solve the issue. One that
could display the OCR:ed content only and the scanned content
only when desired, for instance when you suspect an error.

Is there such a reader? Is the content organised to make it
possible.

/P