ESR Meter Recommendations

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:48:21 CDT 2015

The software is open source and as there is no single supplier "knock off" isn't perhaps appropriate..

> http://www.amazon.com/DROK-Multifunction-Mega328-Transistor-
> Capacitor/dp/B00NKY3M1W/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1443561246&sr=8-
> 16&keywords=esr+meter
>
> Anyone had any experience with one of these devices?

I have one. I havn't used it for checking ESR but it works at a low voltage so it may not be effective on big caps. On the other hand this

http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/jz_esr60.html

retails for nearer $130 and when I checked it also measures at 3v. Lots more comments here:-

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/

> KJ

Dave
G4UGM