ESR Meter Recommendations

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Sep 30 07:06:05 CDT 2015

>> to model this using ideal components, [...]
> So I'm slightly confused; you talk about the model being a parallel
> resistor (which I get), but then switch to a series resistor.  Why
> the switch?

The two resistors model two different ways in which a capacitor is not
ideal.  The parallel resistor models DC leakage; the series resistor
models losses in AC current through the capacitor.

The term "ESR" refers to only the second one; it stands for, IIRC,
Equivalent Series Resistance.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org