ADM 3a with no horizontal scan

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Apr 8 13:33:25 CDT 2016

> Today, for whatever reason, my Variac was turned down to 110V, and I
> didn't notice. I turned on the ADM 3a, and... it's fine.  [...]

Fascinating!

I have trouble imagining what sort of fault could cause those symptoms.
I would have agreed with whoever (tony, I think) said that if you have
HV then the horizontal scan is almost certainly operating in some
sense, but this makes me doubt that.  I have trouble coming up with a
failure mode in that design that could kill the horizontal scan but not
the HV based on the power supply input voltage, so there is probably
something very unusual in there.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org