Still looking for: Nova 800/1200 power supplies

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Apr 11 09:51:05 CDT 2016

If your in a hurry, here is what I've done in the past. I did this for a
DEC PDP 11. It needed the 5V.

Get a modern switcher that meets the power requirements and one that takes
external lugs and supports external voltage sensing.When you crimp the lug
at the far end add the sense wire so that both are in the same lug. Triple
check.

Oh .. if you really want to make sure, build a load for the supply and make
sure it runs under load. I was lucky, I  had a power supply load bank.

If your current is under 5 Amps or so, you may skip bringing the sense
wires out.

Add OVP (Over Voltage Protection) if you can.

You can finds many on the usual auction sites, an depending on where you
live check with armature radio (ham) types. Cable up to where the original
supply went. use lugs or other means that can be easily removed and will
make good electrical connections. Cover all connections with tape or heat
shrink.

All that effort will pretty much cause the supply you have been looking for
to show up out of nowhere.