A fruitfull evening

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 20:25:29 CDT 2016

"I use a plain medical glass syringe with a fine blunt tip needle for
that. "

Hey, what works, works - right? I like the General oiler as it's
essentially leak-proof, and can be carried in the pocket (or left for
months in the toolbox) with no worry about drips & stains. One other neat
feature, is that each operation of the plunger dispenses a small, metered
amount of lube to the dispensing tip. You have to lean on the plunger for
like 4-5 secs to actually get a "drop".

"For a light oil, I dig into my supply of brass instrument valve oil.
All types are available, from regular petroleum-base to some pretty
exotic synthetics.  Go to, say, Amazon and search for "Trumpet valve oil"."

Once again, it's what works. There are so many types, sources & grades of
lubricating oil out there, it boggles the best of minds. Enough material
for numerous doctoral theses!