Vintage Computer Festivals???

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Apr 18 15:08:04 CDT 2016

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, Evan Koblentz wrote:
> Looking forward to seeing you there. I encourage you to sell as much as
> possible in consignment as long as it's on-topic. :)

Q:  policy/attitude/preference:  At some swaps in the distant past, there
were limits (dozen items?) posed on amount any one person could put in
consignment.  Are you wanting to INCREASE the consignment volume?
I would love to just handoff a small station wagon full of stuff to THEM.

In the unlikely event that I can get organized (Hah!), am healthy (not
likely), and can round up sufficient help and transport at the right times
(not a chance), I have enough crap to fill many pallets.  Such as enough
computer related books to fill >100 boxes (check archives for "FPUIB" for
a start)   Severe storage shortages meant that I had to discard things
such as the MicroPro PBM-1000s, . . .

Anybody here remember John Craig "Computer Swap America" at the San Jose
fairgrounds?  (later squeezed out by "NW Computer Swap" at San Mateo,
etc.)    Long ago, he and I had a chat and decided that the crap that I
had at that time fell in between his categories of "commercial" V
"Individual", so by mutual agreement, I alternated renting "commercial"
and "individual" booths.  The commercial stuff (such as crates of 300 baud
modems) is long gone.

Now it's all crap to get rid of.  Not ALL for free: very early 5150, but
"upgraded" to silver colored power supply, etc., Epson QX-10, Sony SMC-70,
Toshiba T300 (720K 5.25") MS-DOS but not very PC compatible (I patched
PC-Write to run on it). . .

In addition to the computer stuff (VCF), I need to find venues for other
crap, such as enlargers, stabilization processors, little motorized movie
film processing tank, VW license plate light with backup lights, . . .

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com