strangest systems I've sent email from

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:24:00 CDT 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, John Willis wrote:
> going from the terminal server and use a proper TN3270 client to access the
> mainframe instead of ProComm Plus.

Oh I remember Procomm, I was a Qmodem man, myself. However, niether had 3270
emulation.

> It wouldn't be until 1994 that the university allowed access to the public
> internet directly through SLIP or PPP.

My college was very restrictive that way, too.  I figured out how to get
"slirp" working because there wasn't anyway to get a working PPP or SLIP
connection for me from there. The things we did to get connected to the net
in those days...

-Swift