strangest systems I've sent email from

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Apr 21 12:47:14 CDT 2016

From: Swift Griggs
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:11 AM

> I'm not saying everything was perfect in the 80's or 90's.  I mean, some CS
> professors in the 90's were teaching Oberon, LISP dialects, or Smalltalk.

Yes, and if you'd actually paid attention to what they were teaching you,
instead of whinging about commercial viability, you would probably be better
for it, especially the Lisp (although by the period you name, most of the fun
was gone, with Common Lisp and Scheme as the two surviving dialects).

> So, no, things were never perfect, and people had to try and do work with
> Windows for Workgroups 3.11.  :-)

Tell me about having to get work done on a 12K 1401, and maybe I'll listen.
In the mean time, get off my lawn, kid.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/