High performance coprocessor boards of the 80s and 90s - was Re: SGI ONYX

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:11:37 CDT 2016

On 2016-04-21 7:29 PM, Dave Wade wrote:

> [...]
The CMS probably was not modified much but the VM underneath it was.
CMS is just the single user client OS that is commonly what people see
when they log onto "VM".  But VM is really a virtualisation manager
that can run a number of guest operating systems, but in the case of the
XT and AT 370 it seems to me it only supported  a single CMS session.

Paul.