AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Sat Apr 23 16:25:26 CDT 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> > or
> > from the OS (can't help how to do this from VMS; under Linux you could
> > mmap(2) /dev/mem at the right address and then poke at it with a little
> > program doing the right dance to get the flashbus access protocol right),
> > see if it shows any symptoms of misbehaviour.
>

> If necessary I should be able to install linux, but still, working out the
> address doesn't seem trivial.

 It's all in the manual. :)  Check `pcdsatia.pdf' again -- Chapter 4 for
overall details and Table 4-3 for flashbus device mappings in particular.
The access dance including addresses to poke at is described right below
the table.  Yes, it's all pretty low level, but there you go!

> Many thanks for all your help today!

 My pleasure!

  Maciej