Avionics and amazing gear made by Tatjana (was Re: Data General Nova Star Trek Rockwell Collins vs. Vaisala SPT11A)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Apr 27 06:57:02 CDT 2016

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 12:49 AM, Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/26/2016 09:47 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
>>> What was the highest level of integration in a single envelope?
>> Perhaps Selectrons.
>>

> There were also "Compactrons", 12-pin tubes kind of extending the 7- and 9-pin submini tubes.
> Some of them had at least 3 elements in one envelope.

European tubes are easy to evaluate in that respect because the letter codes designate what's inside.  I remember the EABC80 (not sure that's the correct number), which is a diode plus double-diode plus triode.  Intended application, if I remember right, was FM detector (discriminator, double diode), AGC detector (single diode) and audio preamp (triode).

	paul