Calling all typographers

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 28 12:43:30 CDT 2016

On 28/04/2016 17:18, Paul Koning wrote:
>> On Apr 28, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Rod Smallwood<rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com>  wrote:

>> I'd like to recover the DEC fonts and have looked at several font creator/editors.
>>
>> Frankly they are dung.  Every fancy curve there is but not a straight forward line and circle method of  creating lower case characters
>> as DEC did it.  I do need the ability to enter (or import)  the lower case characters using just circles and lines.
> I just found FontForge, which is open source.  A few minutes experimentation shows that it is quite happy to draw straight lines, including doing obvious stuff like line segments forced to be horizontal or vertical, or circles or ellipses.  Bezier curves too, of course.
>
> 	paul

Oh I tried that one. Very powerful  I'm sure but I could not get it to
do anything.
Got as far as loading an empty font and picked a letter o
goes to some kind of blank edit screen,
click along top menu nothing about lines or circles get to help and drop
down menu.
Click on help and it comes up with something about glyphs
I don't want Egyptian writing so I give up