Calling all typographers

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 01:11:48 CDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] On Behalf Of Christian Gauger-Cosgrove
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:07 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: Re: Calling all typographers

On 28 April 2016 at 13:05, Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com> wrote:
> That should be available for most Linux distros.  You should also be
> able to get it on Windows, but might be a bit harder to find.

I believe the current easiest to get up and running TeX/LaTeX solution for Windows is MikTeX. <http://miktex.org/>

I don't know if it comes with the METAFONT utilities for creating a font though. Then again I haven't looked too hard since it has xeLaTeX which means "balls to it, I'm using OpenType!" (And there was much rejoicing, as Computer Modern was replaced by Adobe Garamond Premier
Pro.)

But I digress.
Christian
--
Christian M. Gauger-Cosgrove
STCKON08DS0

---------
http://miktex.org/pkg/az

Wow, is that some list.  In my era it was a *lot* shorter, by orders of magnitude.  The list does include these:

miktex-metafont-base 		METAFONT base
miktex-metafont-bin-2.9 	METAFFONT binaries
miktex-metafont-misc 		METAFONT misc

(and: logic 	A font for electronic logic design)

(and what's not to like about: comicsans 	Use Microsoft Comic Sans font)

-----