Bill Gates: Windows 95 Was 'A High Point'

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Aug 1 22:51:53 CDT 2016

On 08/01/2016 08:32 PM, Brad H wrote:

> Never did try OS/2.  I had friends who were fanatics about it.  There
> was a big push back then to go to it.  When that failed they rallied
> to Linux.  Really should set up a box here with it and try it out.

I was an OS/2 developer from about 1.1 to Warp 3.  One thing that
impressed me about the whole package was the almost painstakingly
clearly-written documentation for developers.  This was when a devkit
for OS/2 was a big box full of manuals and lots of floppies.

Sadly, I can't claim that Microsoft exhibited the same amount of care
with Windows documentation.

--Chuck