Pictures per previous post

Doug Fields doug-cctalk at dpf.cc
Tue Aug 2 11:26:56 CDT 2016

So, the full story:

I was chatting and mentioned that I thought it would be great to get a Multiflow like I used back in college. Lo and behold, someone saw one listed on eBay, so I immediately hit "Buy it now" when I saw the poster saying "the next stop for this is the scrap yard." I'm in New York, but the thing is in Austin, so I had to go to Austin. Talked to the seller, who told me she had a storage unit of other old computers.

So, I flew down to move the Multiflow and looked at her other computers. There were a bunch, as you've seen in the pictures. There were also manuals and 5.25" disks for quite a few old pieces of software including Microsoft Word, Great Plains, Peachtree, etc. There were several few portable PCs including a Compaq luggable and a Panasonic that makes the Compaq look small. There were a ton of old printing calculators. There were other interesting things like the Evans & Sutherland Freedom 1000 with Am-something CPUs, a Sun Graphics Tower, the 2x PC RTs, the Motorola "MicroPersonal Computer," a bunch of boards for something that was labeled "Ametek," and of course the aforementioned things that I brought back with me to New York.

I posted the seller's e-mail, so if anyone wants anything else, please contact her.

My goal in taking the things home was to save them for people who care about this stuff. I personally want to revive the TI Explorer II, HP 85 and the C64 (never had one in an earlier age), and I brought the rest for others I know (some on this list) who were interested in some of the pieces like the 3b2 and the Blit. The seller wasn't willing to ship, but I was out of space in both the car and the plane, so that was that.

Hope others can get some things they would like to save from the seller too.

Cheers,

Doug