SWTPC 6800

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 5 17:55:56 CDT 2016

On 08/05/2016 02:15 PM, Brad H wrote:
> I think I will have to figure out how to do that.  Additionally I
> have one of those PC based oscilloscopes on the way.  I don't know
> how to use them 100% but I'm about to learn I guess. :)
>
> I have one more question for you guys -- I have a few CT-1024
> terminals and would really like this system to work with one of
> those.  However, all of the CTs are quite delicate and are set I
> think for 7, E, 2 @ 110 baud via soldered jumpers.  I'm a bit
> reluctant to try pulling them apart to get in there and fix that.  Is
> there a way to change the parity, etc settings on the SWTPC to match
> the terminal?  Is it necessary?

Well, 110 bps is a bit on the slow side--great for teletypes, not so
much for video terminals.   But you'll have to change the hardwired
jumpers--the UART used in the CT1024 is not software-programmable.

If this were my unit, I"d probably solder some pins into the pad holes
and then either use slide on jumpers or wirewrap to set the
characteristics.  That way, when changing things around, you won't be
stressing the PCB.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-20CFemale-to-Female-1-Pin-Plug-Jumper-Cable-Wires-Multicolor-K-/262158878688?hash=item3d09e307e0:g:B-MAAOSwwE5WVLR6

Search on "female jumper wires"