"RAM Drives" Elite 5H/10H Hard Drives for Apple ][

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Wed Aug 10 18:42:59 CDT 2016

I ran across a manual from "Ram Drives" company that apparently made
hard drives. They were based in Goleta, CA (just north of Santa Barbara)
which is what really caught my attention.

My *guess* is they made/provided hard drives to Lobo Drives for their
hard drive/floppy disk combination. I *think* I have either two or three
of these units, but am unwilling to power them up without knowing a LOT
more about how to do it safely. Because I believe they came from Lobo
Drives, I suspect they may have a lot of interesting source
code/programs that Lobo dealt with.

Long way of asking, has anyone heard of "Ram Drives" company based in
Goleta, CA and have any more information on them?