HP to acquire SGI

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Aug 12 10:40:07 CDT 2016

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Paul Koning wrote:
> No, but it might put an end to the resulting company.

Would that stop it from pushing Windoze10 "upgrade"?

> Note that HP didn't acquire DEC, or Palm; both had been absorbed by
> other companies well before HP swooped in to grab those.  For example, I
> don't think anything was left of Palm long before HP bought up the
> remnants of 3Com.

It's easier to buy up the wreckage afterwards.

If Adam Osborne had listened to my suggestion and bought the residue of
Visicalc, then Lotus could not have laid a hand on him.
(the real reason why Novell bought Digital Research)

I remember when HP was innovative, and made great test equipment.
In those days, even Microsoft made good stuff.