R: HP to acquire SGI

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Sun Aug 14 15:08:05 CDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 8:09 PM, ben <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On 8/12/2016 9:15 AM, Fred Cisin wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Mazzini Alessandro wrote:
>>
>>> It was not enough to have mishandled vms, and killed palm. Now they
>>> want to destroy also what's left of SGI ?
>>> Better I don't say what I'm really thinking...
>>>

>> "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for men of good conscience to
>> remain silent."
>>

>> Apollo, DEC, Compaq, Ericsson, Palm, . . .
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Hewlett-Packard
>>

>> If HP and Microsoft merged, would it put an end to computers?
>>

> HP-BOX now runs all the games and windows* too. Ben.
> * Game of upgrading every 9 months.

Grab all the SGI docs/bits you can, before HP sends them to /dev/null and
404....

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."