HP to acquire SGI

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Aug 15 07:13:19 CDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 07:40:32AM -0400, Christian Liendo wrote:
> I don't know about now, but SGI used to have a lot of Govt contracts
> and a lot of oil companies as customers.

IIRC Unisys eventually turned into a government contractor.

The thing is, if you build an organization big enough to navigate the
government biddding maze successfully, you have something of value,
whether you still manufacture anything or not.

Don't assume that I have a high opinion of this btw :-) , it's just
a fact.

mcl