5150/5151 Video Card??

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Aug 15 13:41:42 CDT 2016

On 08/15/2016 11:18 AM, Fred Cisin wrote:

> I just looked at Wikipedia, and found some amazing errors, such as
> statement that IBM mono came along much later than CGA, caling it
> MDA instead of MDP, that Hercules innovatively had a "Centronics
> port" (sic) because that was much faster than the serial printing
> with the IBM mono, that PCs HAD TO HAVE both displays, because "no
> business software would work on CGA", no mention of the "Hercules
> clones" that Jenkins had tantrums about, etc.  I edited a few of
> them, but there is just too much misinformation.

On matters of historical technical accuracy, I've pretty much given up
on WikiP.  Oh, it's still useful, but I find myself muttering to myself
"Vass you dere, Shollie?" when reading some of the stuff.

It doesn't really matter--in a couple of decades, we'll all be dead and
the "historians" can write whatever they want without being challenged.

--Chuck