5150/5151 Video Card??

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:54:21 CDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "tony duell" <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic Posts" <cctech at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 2:32 PM
Subject: RE: 5150/5151 Video Card??

> > ...The common Zenith MDA monitor, ... The one that combines the efficiency
> >  of a linear with the reliability of a switcher.

> Double take, resulting in coffee in nasal cavity ... ;-)

I am not joking.

Well, linears are noted more for their weight and caloric output than efficiency while switchers seem to have sacrificed reliability for higher efficiency so I took it as a delightful bit of irony, like a car combining the safety of a Pinto with the graceful lines of an Edsel...

Oh well, I got a chuckle out of it...