Windows 1.0 For DEC Rainbow (mirror of Latrobe ftp anybody ?)

shadoooo shadoooo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:31:54 CDT 2016

Hello,
since the messages in May about the MS Windows 1.0 version for DEC Rainbow,
I did some research to see if a version is effectively available.

It seems that copies of this software are really difficult to find, but
a complete copy
was available on the latrobe ftp DEC Rainbow archive... which
disappeared with all valuable data...
Anybody has a copy of the content before the deletion?

Anyway, I found a file-by-file copy of it, on this site:

https://winworldpc.com/download/62DF4D23-B974-11E4-AC5A-5404A6F17893

For preservation reasons, it would be really better to have an original
disk image.

Any news about dumping the disks or an ftp archive where they are present?

Thanks
Andrea