Microvax II hardware not recognized

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 10:27:37 CDT 2016

On 8/19/2016 6:49 PM, Glen Slick wrote:

> Device,Number? dhv11,1
> Device,Number? tqk50,1
> Device,Number? rqdx3,1
> Device,Number? exit
>
> Address/Vector Assignments
> -772150/154 RQDX3
> -774500/260 TQK50
> -760440/300 DHV11

> Enter device configuration, HELP, or EXIT
> Device,Number? dhv11,1
> Device,Number? tqk50,1
> Device,Number? rqdx3,2
> Device,Number? exit
>
> Address/Vector Assignments
> -772150/154 RQDX3
> -760334/300 RQDX3
> -774500/260 TQK50
> -760500/310 DHV11

When I started this I hadn't put the RQDX2 back in, so I had only one
UDA controller and that's how I saw the DHV11 show up.  When I put the
RQDX2 back in that's when I lost the DHV11.

I did the configure from VMS 5.5, it was a lot less verbose than what
you showed.

At this point I am wondering why I am fussing over such useless
interchange medium as the RX50 diskettes and the TK50 tape cassettes.
Of course to the hobbyist the answer is "Because they are there!" and
you better get them working.  I would be better off with a DELQA, BTW
will the cabinet kit from a DEQNA work with the DELQA?

Doug