PDP-8 diagnostic tests

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Wed Aug 24 04:21:32 CDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:31:42PM -0700, Scott Baker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) DEC documentation which more fully describes all the instruction set (in
> more detail  than the PDP-8 handbook)

Not DEC documentation but a good resource:
http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/pdp8/man/

I've written an emulator purely from these pages and it passes the
MAINDEC-8E-D0AB-PB instruction tests.

Here is IAC described:
http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/pdp8/man/micro.html#iac

> 2) Some more instruction tests in assembler source code format. I have
> found lots of binary files but I would prefer assembler source code format.
> I am using a pal compatible cross assembler.

I don't have any of those. But I've used Krten's d8tape to dissasemble
BIN files with good result:

http://dustyoldcomputers.com/pdp-common/reference/host/index.html

That and the source code listings on bitsavers.

/P