HP1631D Logic Analyzer..Software???

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 01:07:54 CST 2016

> This page says the 82176A cartridges are extremely reliable and they
> have been able to read every tape they have come accross:
> http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=676

I have had them fail, but so far not in a way that makes them unreadable.
The main problem is the pressure pad (foam-backed felt) which fails
in the obvious way. A bit of felt stuck to double-sided foam tape will work
for long enough to read the tape.

Once the splice between the leader tape and the magnetic tape failed. It
can be repaired using the splicing block for Compact Cassettes, the tape
is the same width.

The oddest failure I had was when the mirror that reflects IR for the BOT/EOT
sensor lost its reflective coating. The easiest way I found to cure that was
to reassemble the cassette upside-down having cut an extra notch in the
back edge and filled in the that was already there so the cassette would go
into the drive that way up.

-tony