HP1631D Logic Analyzer..Software???

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:45:31 CST 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:
> I've heard from a friend that another friend that died in the menatime, had
> managed to copy HP9121 disks on a plain PC with something like Super Copy.

I tried using ImageDisk on a PC to read the two HP 1630 3.5-inch
floppies I have (10304 8085 preprocessor, 10342 HP-IB, RS-232C/V.24,
RS-449 preprocessor). It appeared to be able to read the expected data
just fine. Singled sided disk with 16 256-byte sectors per track
(sector numbers 0 - 15) and 70 tracks.

But it also seemed to detect a sector number 17 with no data in each
track. Is that a normal 9121 low level format? I haven't tried to
write a floppy back out using ImageDisk to see if the result is
readable on a 9121 drive.

I should also try hooking up a 9121 drive to a PC and see if HPDir
dumps the same binary data I get using ImageDisk.