HP1631D Logic Analyzer..Software???

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:30:04 CST 2016

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:

> The person working on simulating the HP Integral ran into the problem with HP's funny
> disk formats with the last track on the Integral disks having sector IDs around 100
> that record the wear level of the tracks.

As far as that particular issue goes as I encountered it (and getting
somewhat back on to the topic of HP logic analyzers) that is also the
case with the DSDD LIF format as used by HP 16500A logic analyzers.
All 80 tracks are formatted with 5 1024-byte sectors per track with
the first 79 tracks using sector numbers 1,2,3,4,5 and the last track
using sector numbers 97,98,99,101,101 (0x61,0x62,0x63,0x64,0x65).
ImageDisk had no problem reading that low level format.