SGI Indigo, WTB Power supply? Burning smell?
billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 22:17:36 CST 2016
On Dec 9, 2016 11:09 PM, "devin davison" <lyokoboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a indigo that is not getting much use. I believe it has the R4000
> with the better power supply, and maxed out ram.(whatever that may be, i
> want to say 192 Mb, but i coud be mistaken, i can fire it up and verify if
> needed) I have not used it much. Prom battery is dead, i used to jump it
> with a AAA battery temporally to get past a Time error at startup, but
> never got around to soldering a proper battery into it. It should have the
> maxed out memory, as well as the keyboard and mouse to go along with it.
> I am in the process of paying off 2 SGI onyx 2's, if the indigo with the
> keyboard and mouse would be of interest, i can sell it to you to put money
> twords my Onyx fund.
I recently gave my spare SGI stuff away. It's cheaply bought on Ebay, I'd
just get a parts unit there. That said, the fan could be the source of the
smell and the part to go first from my limited experience when a fan dies
is the video card.
More information about the cctalk