Transporting an LGP-30

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Dec 24 13:39:18 CST 2016

On 2016-Dec-23, at 4:14 PM, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:

>>> Is this the LGP-30 that came up for auction in Canada?
>>>
>>> Personally, I'd buy a plane ticket and supervise the packing.  There
>>> are,  IIRC, 110 or so tubes, a drum and other goodies that should
>>> probably be removed and shipped separately.   Nothing like getting a box
>>> o' broken glass to make life interesting.
>>>

> Well, I think you guys have convinced me that a trip is in order. Better safe than sorry with a piece of equipment like this.
>
> Yep Chuck, this is the CA machine. I was surprised it never reared its head on classiccmp the past few days. -C

Was this ebayed?

Just found this mention on VCFed from a week ago:
	http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?55364-1956-Binary-Desk-Computer-LIBRASCOPE-LGP-30

I see Vancouver is mentioned:
	"I've been told that this was the oldest computer in Vancouver"

As a lifelong area resident, I'd be interested in hearing anything known of the lineage, where it came from and when it left Vancouver.
Would love to have worked on it if it was once nearby.
Congrats to Cory for the acquisition, should be an exciting project.