DEC banner panel

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:02:11 CST 2016

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Rick Bensene <rickb at bensene.com> wrote:

> I am in the same situation as Tony with my PDP 8/e system.  My system originally
> came with a blank black panel at the top, that had a rotary switch placed in the center
> which would allow remapping of the three RK05 drives to different unit numbers.   It
> also came with an additional "blank" black panel (no sign of any adhesive residue
> either).  I'd love to have the correct insert for the blank panel to put at the top of the rack.

Replying to various comments all at once....

I've had another careful look at the black plastic panel. There may be
a little adhesive residue
on it but not much, and if it is, it looks like the sort of glue on
double-sided tape. So perhaps
a non-DEC banner was put there by a previous owner.

The recess measures 18+1/2" by 3+5/16". Just so we all agree on what
is needed. That
was measured with a steel tape measure, nothing more accurate.

> If anyone (Rod S. (aka Panelman) seems a great possibility) ends up making something
> that is reasonably accurate and looks good, I'd sign up to buy one straight away.

I would too, unless the price is _ridiculous_. Any idea what the price would be?

-tony