DEC banner panel

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:06:16 CST 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>     > From: Tony Duell
>
>     > Does anyonre know what the thickess is?
>
> 0.7 mm. (That includes the paint layer.)

Thanks. I am not sure it's that critical, but might as well get it
somewhat right.

>     > I also don't know how they are fixed to the plastic header panel ..
>     > Maybe some kind of double-sided tape?
>
> One of mine (ca. 1970) has a sheet of double-sided tape which covers the
> entire thing. (The glue on it appears to have hardened/failed, and the whole
> works feel out of the plastic panel.)

I wonder if that's what happened to mine. There may be some minor
bits of adhesive residue on the plastic. If the glue failed the aluminium
banner might have fallen out taking most of the glue with it. In any case
it doesn't matter, I don't have it, and I don't need it (as it won't have been
the PDP8/e one).

-tony