Mosaic 4.0 for openVMS

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Sat Feb 6 19:27:47 CST 2016

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016, Sue Skonetski wrote:

> Can you please send me email I am going to check with the VMS
> Engineering Team.  We have done a great deal of work in the Open Source
> space?  Also have you tried Firefox on Alpha?

Hi Sue, I don't know what I can say.

It is a number of years since I looked for a web browser for OpenVMS on
Alpha and at that time the HP website said that they had the Compaq Secure
Web Browser (CSWB) which was a port of Mozilla Seamonkey and I do not
recall the version. The website said that they had a Firefox port for
IA64.

Looking at my VMS box, the CSWB directory is dated in 2013 when I last
rebuilt this machine and my latest version of the HP freeware collection
is dated 2009.

I am way out of touch.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS   : "...underneath those
   Athabasca University				   : tuques we wear, our