Vaxstation 3100 - I have console access

Bryan C. Everly bryan at bceassociates.com
Thu Feb 18 10:08:28 CST 2016

Peter,

I confirmed that there is a NCR5380 chip on the daughterboard and that
everything was connected.  Still no joy.  The one thing I'm wondering is
this.  If you look at the attached picture below from
http://home.iae.nl/users/pb0aia/vax/vs3khw.html, you will see there is a
40-ish pin EPROM (?) in the bottom row of chips third from the left.  Mine
just has an empty socket there.  Is it possible this is causing the problem?

[image: VS3100 SCSI/MFM controller]

Thanks,
Bryan