PDP-11/20 vd one that just says pdp 11 what are the date differences?? OEM?

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:41:46 CST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>     > From: Bill Degnan
>
>     > I hope I am making my point - I am suggesting that everyone stop
>     > quoting and repeating the DEC wiki's on the web. They all need to be
>     > updated to reflect this subtle difference.
>
> The thing is that there never was a physical PDP-11/10 of the first type,
> it
> was just marketing plans; whereas there were/are still many physical
> -11/10's
> of the second type.
>
> Yes, detailed histories might (and many do) indicate that the name
> "PDP-11/10" was originally allocated to what later became the 11/15, but to
> the extent that one allocates the name "-11/10" to anything, it should, by
> virtue of the point above, be to the KD11-B machine.
>
>         Noel

For my personal knowledge and understanding, what detailed histories are
these that you refer to that say there was never a single KA11 11/10 sold,
not one installed?  Most of what I have read about this time has been
anecdotal, not old-fashioned sales figures or marketing reports.  I have
checked all of the sources that I have for more details, not much found to
confirm or refute this.  I have the 1969 Keydata industry guide, but I'd
need the 1970 version that would be the ideal source if anyone has it, for
sales/prices/etc.

--
@ BillDeg:
Web: vintagecomputer.net