Australian CP/M era computers?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue Feb 23 01:40:30 CST 2016

On 2/22/2016 11:04 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 02/20/2016 08:26 AM, John Foust wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone help idenitfy these?
>>
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/vintagecomputing/comments/46nse6/a_family_member_found_these_old_computers_in_a/
>>

> In spite of the floppy drives, I don't think these are general-purpose
> boxes.  The thing that strikes me, given the displays is that they
> might be graphics workstations of some sort.  There's just too much
> there for a simple floppy-based computer.
>
> The problem is that Hitachi is a huge outfit with tendrils in all
> sorts of industrial areas.
>
> --Chuck

Hitachi makes heavy equipment and this may be graphical control units,
or older style control displays.  W/o some clue as to what shows up on
the screens it would be hard to figure out.  Also are there any other
cabinet or building sized Hitachi equipment in the vicinity?  Maybe
crushers, or processing lines with lots of Hitachi boxes in use.

This sort of console might be around that, since the Redditer stated it
was a Mining company.  As chuck points out they are into a lot.