Copying from a floppy to an SD card?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:51:32 CST 2016

FYI, it's really no great shakes to install the parallel port on the CBM
1541 drive, and likewise, to modify the XM-1541 cable to work with it.

Parts wise, all you need is a PC gameport header with the DB 15-pin port /
ribbon cable, and the cable from an old / disused / dos era PC game
controller.

The female connector on the header becomes the 1541-side connector. and the
game controller cable joins the CBM IEC cable on the DB25 parallel port
connector. Three are good online documents that have all of the diagrams.
You might find however, that one or two lines on your game controller cable
are not populated - so you'll have to juggle one, possibly two connections
to make a working setup.

I know several guys using old game controller cables for the parallel link,
and none report any problems.