R: QNX - was Re: Minix 3 vs portability

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Wed Feb 24 23:02:20 CST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 02/24/2016 03:43 PM, Mazzini Alessandro wrote:
>
>> I do remember, and I had (still have) that floppy. I've also tried
>> the full qnx, and it's the best thing I ever tried, likely
>>

> There were actually a couple of versions of this.  One with NIC support
> and another with modem support.  There was apparently a couple of add-ons
> that were available.
>
> Great fun, those.
>
> --Chuck

I remember talking with some of the QNX folks at RTECC (Real Time and
Embedded Computer Conferences) a number of years ago, back when I was Test
Manager for the Windows CE kernel (which at the time was a soft RT OS).  I
was always intrigued with and impressed by their product - some very good
thinking went into that, IMHO.

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."