VAX-11/730 success!

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 03:45:49 CST 2016

Thanks to those who helped and advised; I discovered a problematic pin
on the TU58 10-pin DIP connector. With this fixed, TU58EM worked
correctly and the console code loaded. The CPU passes diags as far as
the RL02 test; not surprising as there's no RL controller or drive -
or the special diag pack! - installed.

On a point of order... is there any reason an Emulex UCxx Unibus SCSI
controller wouldn't work in this machine? Anyone with any experience
there? If it emulates an MSCP disk closely it should Just Work? I'm
thinking a SCSI2SD solution to give me a reliable one-box system...

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'