Omnibook 425/430 drivers?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 19:49:27 CST 2016

Hi all --

Got myself a small toy, an Omnibook 430 (486sx-25, non-backlit VGA
display, runs off 4x AA batteries.  fun.)  It came only with the
"System" Card (as opposed to the "System/Applications" Card), which has
just enough to boot DOS and provide a few utilities, but nothing more.
I'm working on getting Windows 3.1 running and I'd like to find an
appropriate driver for the mouse, socket services, etc.

I've pulled the drivers and utilities off of the System/Application card
from my Omnibook 300, and it's sort of working, but there are issues
(the mouse stops working after the system goes to sleep, for example).

I haven't been able to find a source for these (and HP's site has
nothing, of course...)  Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,
Josh