PDP-10 programming [was RE: Dumb Terminal games (was Re: Looking for a small fast VAX development machine)]

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Mon Feb 29 19:07:35 CST 2016

From: David Griffith
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 4:05 PM

> One of my ongoing wish projects is to learn to program a pdp-10 so I can
> port Frotz to it.

The canonical textbook is Ralph Gorin's _Introduction to DECSYSTEM-20
Assembly Language Programming_ (Digital Press, 1981).  Lots of examples,
well thought out presentation.

It's a shame that Ralph's book has become so rare.  (Seriously, who
does the seller asking $1,441.25 for a copy think he's talking to???)
Probably remaindered in the 1990s at any library that had a copy.

If you were near Seattle, I'd say make an appointment and I'd give you
an afternoon's worth of overview.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/